Updated May 26, 2019
What personal information I collect and where it is kept
I may collect your name and email address when you comment on my blog posts. This data is held in WordPress database and is encrypted.
How I collect and use this information
I collect personal data in a variety of different ways including;
– when you email me directly
– subscribe to my newsletter
– comment on my blog posts
– sign up for any digital downloads
– automated technologies or interactions: As you use my site, I may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. I collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
I will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
– Where I need to perform the contract between us;
– Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
– Where I need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
I require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
– Internal record keeping;
– I may use the information to improve my products and services;
– I may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which I think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
– From time to time, I may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes by email.
Generally, I do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing me at email@example.com
How long I keep this information
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
By law I must keep basic information if you purchase a product or service of mine (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
If you have subscribed to my mailing list your information will be kept until you notify me otherwise; you have the right to be forgotten so contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your data to be destroyed.
Sharing your data
Under no circumstances is your data ever sold or rented to a third party.
I may share your data in the following circumstances:
– to service providers and affiliates (PayPal, Shopstyle collective, Amazon affiliates, Skimlinks and postal services) who assist in the delivery of my products and services
– to third parties if I believe that disclosure is advisable or necessary to comply with the law, to enforce or apply my terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property or safety of myself or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
My website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave my site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
I may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
I will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and to prevent fraud and increase website security. I will use the persistent cookies to enable my website to recognise you when you visit and keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of my website.
I use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers.
In most Internet browsers, you can change your settings so that you will be warned each time a cookie is being sent, or so that cookies will be turned off. With cookies blocked, some functions of the site may not operate properly.
HOW WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE USED AND SHARED?
The personal information I collect allows us to:
– administer our website and provide customer services;
– meet legal requirements;
– monitor and analyse the use of any account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud
– gather management information to form statistical and trend analysis;
– communicate with you;
– investigate any complaints about this website;
– personalise your experience of this website.
I may share your personal information with all of our affiliate companies and their brands for the above purposes.
I may employ the services of third party service providers to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting and maintenance. In some cases the third party may receive your information. However, at all times, we will control and be responsible for the use of your information.
I may use aggregated information so we can administer and improve our website, analyse trends, gather broad demographic information. I may pass this information to third parties.
Gaining access to your data
You the right to request a copy of the information I hold about you. If you would like a copy of the personal information I hold, please contact me. You also have the right to be forgotten, so you can contact me to request the data I hold be destroyed.
If at any point you believe the information I process on you is incorrect you request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how I have handled your personal data, you can contact me at email@example.com and I will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with my response or believe I am processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please contact me first so that I can investigate the matter and try to resolve it first.